Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Frank Drackman

Default Cutting aluminum with carbide wood cutting blade on tablesaw

"mc" wrote in message
.. .
April 2006 Workbench has some information on cutting aluminum on a
tablesaw. They recommend using a regular carbide blade with a zero
clearance insert and also mounting the aluminum with double-sided tape to
sacrificial piece of hardboard, then usig a pushblock with a heal to push
the aluminum through the blade. Workbench April 2006, pp 34 ff.

Many thanks. I have a carefully built sliding cutoff table with
essentially zero clearance, and if whatever I'm cutting is so small that
my fingers would be close to the blade, I put a block of wood down on it
and hold it down with that.

Don't use dust collection when cutting metal.