Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How big is a double garage?

dennis@home wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

dennis@home wrote:
"Roger Mills (aka Set Square)" wrote in
message

I believe that for BR purposes internal rather than external
dimensions apply....

If it *is* internal, I could probably comply, although - since I'm
going
to have to build over a public sewer - I think BR will apply anyway!

I think you will find BR apply anyway.
You just don't have an inspection/approval if its below a certain size.

In what way do you think they apply?

If a project is exempt from Building Regs approval then it is just
that, exempt, and the regulations do not apply.

Just because its exempt from approval doesn't mean that you can do what you
like, the regulations still apply.

The regulations are the process of approval. Exempt from approval means
exempt from the regulations.

It just means someone will have to complain before they will come and look.
If there is something wrong then an enforcement can be placed on the work
until it is fixed or it can be demolished at the owners expense.

No. That only happens (if at all) when the work should have been
approved (ie, it was within the scope of the regulations) but wasn't.

MBQ