Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

Default Drilling hole in foam rubber?

I sectioned one using a new box cutter blade, about the sharpest blade you
can find these days. It was almost impossible to move it through smoothly
without lubrication. A soap solution was used and I got the smooth surface
I need. But with the hole saw it didn't keep the teeth from grabbing
despite reversing the rotation. So I will try to sharpen some 3/4 copper
pipe as I mentioned unless I can find a 1" cork borer.

Why not use 1" EMT, if what you're after is a 1" hole?
Out of curiosity, what are you trying to make, anyway?