Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner

Default The "ideal" Dick Cheney hunting accident

Tom, he didn't go off on you - not much! He went off on me a couple of
years ago when I made an honest mistake on a RCM post and commented that
torque was everywhere the same in a transmission link. Of course, that is
obviously, patently, glaringly wrong. We ranted back and forth a few
times while I argued in favor of my published typo - soon, I reread the
line and realized it was incorrect in my mag article. I send an erratum
to the publisher. The erratum was published in a subsequent edition to
hopefully wash the egg from my face.

Eggs -- now that is something Dave is familiar with, or at least he is
very familiar with that part of the chicken from whence eggs come. He
became somewhat irate when I suggested he respond to the mistletoe on my
shirt tail and went off on me. Actually, as I said before, it was a bit
flattering that he'd go to all the trouble; but he wrote a doozy of an
article, replete with all the East End jargon, including frequent use of
"Governor". In it, I was the dupe of some scene involving a gravedigger
as I recall. All in all, I rather enjoyed it. It was so well written
that anyone but the most learned reader would not recognize the satire.

Bob Swinney

I'm as yet, disappointed but I'm hopeful.