Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robert Swinney

Default The "ideal" Dick Cheney hunting accident

Tom sez:

" Please fill in more personal abuse here, I need a good chuckle : (Swinney
promised me you'd go off)"

Tom, he didn't go off on you - not much! He went off on me a couple of
years ago when I made an honest mistake on a RCM post and commented that
torque was everywhere the same in a transmission link. Of course, that is
obviously, patently, glaringly wrong. We ranted back and forth a few times
while I argued in favor of my published typo - soon, I reread the line and
realized it was incorrect in my mag article. I send an erratum to the
publisher. The erratum was published in a subsequent edition to hopefully
wash the egg from my face.

Eggs -- now that is something Dave is familiar with, or at least he is very
familiar with that part of the chicken from whence eggs come. He became
somewhat irate when I suggested he respond to the mistletoe on my shirt tail
and went off on me. Actually, as I said before, it was a bit flattering
that he'd go to all the trouble; but he wrote a doozy of an article, replete
with all the East End jargon, including frequent use of "Governor". In it,
I was the dupe of some scene involving a gravedigger as I recall. All in
all, I rather enjoyed it. It was so well written that anyone but the most
learned reader would not recognize the satire.

Bob Swinney

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
news
-snip-
You just fairly immediately resort to insults and personal abuse.

-snip-
Then sadly you're an idiot.

Oh, I see...your personal abuse doesn't count. ---hypocrite!

People like you ,on both sides of the pond, are the best spokesmen for the
conservatives. Your type of drivel has forced the moderate liberals to
see that the fringe left does NOT offer any solutions or vision...just
brainless bile and ranting, and they are flocking to the right in droves.
Keep up the good work! Your calling in life seems to be as a "Bad
Example", do parents use you to frighten children?
*

*
*
*