Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills \(aka Set Square\)

Default How big is a double garage?

Andy Hall wrote:

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 10:17:32 +0000, Nigel Molesworth
wrote:

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 00:16:05 +0000, Andy Hall wrote:

One other factor that you may wish to consider is that there is a
30m^2 floor area limit for construction of a detached garage, below
which Building Regulations do not apply.

This is what I did, designed the garage so it was just under the
maximum size. Big, big mistake (see previous reply).

I believe that for BR purposes internal rather than external
dimensions apply....

If it *is* internal, I could probably comply, although - since I'm going to
have to build over a public sewer - I think BR will apply anyway!
--
Cheers,
Roger