Cordless Crazy Cordless Crazy is offline
Senior Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rumm
Ian Maguire wrote:

Can anyone help? Do I fit the bath first then tile? or do I tile then fit
the bath? What are the disadvantages or advatages.

Is there a correct way?

I would go further and suggest you actually chase the edge of the bath
into the wall a little as well. Then tile down to it. That way you add
rigidity to the bath and eliminate any moisture trap between the wall
and the roll edge of the bath.

--
Cheers,

John.

I always install in this sequence:

1. Install bath on spreaders, levelled and then filled with water
2. Run a good solid deep bead of silicone sealant between bath edge and wall
3. Tile wall.
4. Silicone again along bath edge and tiles.

The first bead acts as an extra protection measure if the bath is to be used as a shower too. Otherwise it is not worth putting in, as if it was to come in to contact with water, then the bath is overflowing anyway!!

Hope this helps!