Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Earl

Default Musing about the disposal of tools 'beyond the grave'.

I recently bought several very nice power tools from a fellow who had
cancer and could barely even walk and couldn't help at all in testing
the tools or lifting. But he was selling everything off before he died.
So this is another possibility providing your (my) death is not
instant. It would be hard to give up the emotional attachment to the
shop but how satisfying to know your tools are going at a decent price
to people who want them.

He had bought all his tools from a Western Tool store and the owner of
the store was actually sending customers to this fellow to help him
out! How's that for customer service!! That's how I found out--I was
looking for a spindle sander and a band saw. When I told the owner they
were out of my price range he referred me to this fellow!

So we don't have to wait until we die.

Earl