Posted to rec.woodworking
Devon Miller

Default This is so cool! A 'safety' table saw that detects your finger.

It's ok Jack, some people have issues. I have a SawStop TS and I'm
quite happy with it. I may not agree with all their ideals (we must
require everyone buy our technology) but they make a very nice saw. I
justified the price (~4000 including extension table, 5HP motor, and
shipping) by the fact that as a software developer, losing the use of
my hand, even temporarily would seriously interfer with my work. And
the cost of a single injury could well outweigh the cost of the saw.
I'm still cautious when working with it as the technology is not
failsafe, but if I scrwe up, it's there.