Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default This is so cool! A 'safety' table saw that detects your finger.

"Upscale" wrote in message

I'd suggest that the general consensus is that the saw is acceptable as
long
as money doesn't have to be spent on false activations and as long as the
tendency to use unsafe practices around the Sawstop do not take over
because
of it's safety features.

In other words, if I needed a tablesaw, I'd consider the Sawstop as being
completely practical as long as I don't needlessly have to spend money or
become a danger to myself while operating it.

I totally agree. I suspect that the misfires were taken care of in a
favorable manner.