Posted to rec.woodworking
Pete C.

Default This is so cool! A 'safety' table saw that detects your finger.

The Davenport's wrote:

Jack the saw is amazing, and the post here are also. I posted a question a
few month ago when I had a misfire the thread went on for days. But the
saw
is great will be ordering a second one soon.
Joe

So, Joe...what I'm really wondering is when it misfires, does it kill the
saw blade? And if so, did the SawStop folk offer to replace it for you?

Mike

The system does indeed destroy the blade when it fires (correctly or
incorrectly). The blade is embedded into I believe an aluminum brake
shoe of sorts, about the only way to stop it that fast.

I prefer the most reliable safety system i.e. intelligence. I do not
place any part of my body in the "line of fire" of the saw blade when I
use my saw. This includes not standing in the potential path of thrown
wood or blade teeth in addition to keeping fingers safely away from the
blade.

Pete C.