Posted to rec.woodworking
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net

Default This is so cool! A 'safety' table saw that detects your finger.

Ah, well, it was the first time I had seen or heard of it. Expensive
and probably does have other problems (I'll read the previous writeups
if I can find them). But still ... it's just sooooo cool.

Jack

CW wrote:

If you google this group for sawstop, you will find hours of reading ahead
of you.

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote
in message . ..

Okay, I watched the video and all I could say was "WOW!". This saw is
probably fairly expensive. Besides, I have a nice one and am always
very careful.

http://www.sawstop.com/how-it-works-videos.htm

But it only takes one mistake to lose a finger. Click on the link and
watch the videos linked on the site. It's amazing. I have to ask - is
this for real or is this some kind of high tech joke?

Has anyone else seen this machine before?

Jack