Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone

Default This is so cool! A 'safety' table saw that detects your finger.

In article , Leon
wrote:

The general consensus is that most every one here would rather not buy the
saw for personal reasons. About 10% here think it is a great idea also. It
sells for about the same price of a Powermatic cabinet saw, so pricing is
competitive considering all the features. Actual owners seem to be quite
pleased with the saw although on occasion there have some misfires that were
later corrected.

That's a fairly inaccurate description as far as I'm concerned.

I recall the discussions well. After the long period of "is this
vaporware or not?" the primary objection was to Sawstop lobbying to
make their technology mandatory in the USA.

I think the tech is superb. As an option.

--
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
- Mark Twain.