Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default This is so cool! A 'safety' table saw that detects your finger.

Umm This has been discussed time and time again in the last 3 or so years.

The general consensus is that most every one here would rather not buy the
saw for personal reasons. About 10% here think it is a great idea also. It
sells for about the same price of a Powermatic cabinet saw, so pricing is
competitive considering all the features. Actual owners seem to be quite
pleased with the saw although on occasion there have some misfires that were
later corrected.

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote
in message . ..
Okay, I watched the video and all I could say was "WOW!". This saw is
probably fairly expensive. Besides, I have a nice one and am always very
careful.

http://www.sawstop.com/how-it-works-videos.htm

But it only takes one mistake to lose a finger. Click on the link and
watch the videos linked on the site. It's amazing. I have to ask - is
this for real or is this some kind of high tech joke?

Has anyone else seen this machine before?

Jack