Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy Dingley

Default Dremel accessories are expensive - Also, am I on the right track?

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 18:33:14 GMT, "John Emmons"
wrote:

how long you think you can keep this going...?

you're using some pretty good bait...

Well casioculture posted what appeared to be a fine piece of trolling in
a fountain pen newsgroup a while back, but then he turned out to be keen
and genuine. Be nice to him, we'll have him neandering in no time.

Metal joints look ugly because they're visible. Rietveld (who you really
ought to research) crossed three timbers together and screwed through
them instead. Easy and solid.

The best jigsaw to get is an expensive blue Bosch. They _are_ better
than the cheap ones and cut far more easily and accurately.

For finishing edges, then start with a 1/4 sheet sander (cheap, much
better than a delta sander or a random orbital sander for the same
money). A block plane is also very useful at this level, but a decent
one (Lee Valley) is incomparably better than a Stanley.