Posted to rec.woodworking
stoutman

Default Band Saw Tires

"Leon" wrote in message
news
I am considering the purchase of a new band saw when the woodworking show
comes around in Houston next month. I am looking at the Minimax MM16 and
the Laguna 16HD. Both have cast iron wheels however Laguna glues the tires
to the wheels. Mr."Laguna" indicates of course that the tires should be
glued to the wheels. Minimax on the other hand advertises that their tires
fit on groves and do use an adhesive to hold them in place.

Which is better? Is it personal preference or is one better than the
other?

I am also still looking at bandsaws. Thanks fir the heads up on the wood
shows. I am probably gonna hit the Chantilly show and take a serious look
at the LT16.

Are the tires usually a problem? How often do they need replacing? Would
it be possible to replace the laguna tires?

I just finished watching the Laguna DVD. If you have not requested it, I
highly recommend it!

--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com