Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Don Klipstein

Default Global Warming hits the Eastcoast !

In article , Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
The SUN is getting warmer.

Fraction of watt p0er square meter out of 1370?

We feel that. Mt. St. Helens dumps 100's of tons of S02 into the air
each year - far exceeding cars and power plants of the region.

100's of tons is nothing, and I have yet to hear of SO2 as a major gas
to affect worldwide surface-level atmosphere temperature in either
direction...

The little one in the Philippines cooled the earth by 1 degree

http://www.realclimate.org/ indicates no single volcanic eruption in
recent history did so much, and mentions pklenty of studies...

by dumping more crap into the air than all trucks, cars, motorcycles and
... of all time. Far worse than many thought at the time - but remember
it was a colder year and the stars were colored.....

I surely remember hearing about "Year without a summer" and it was a
cold year worldwide but apparently hitting North America and maybe some
parts of western Europe especially hard...
And I look at http://www.realclimate.org/, and my thoughts are now -
which volcanic eruption and what year? I went through that website before
and saw lots of cites, with many for the many various traces through their
composite graph!
Looks like no recent volcanic eruption holds a candle to the
few-centuries-ago "Little Ice Age" that by only a minority of accounts was
colder than the "Baseline" of 1950-1980 than we are now or expected to be
experiencing within a year?

The oilfields that burned in IRAQ and the triangle area of Kuwait put
black soot around the world.

More like put out black soot that caught some blame for one weak monsoon
in/near India and some significant bit of Middle East having its worst
winter of the past few decades.

The UK was a very dusty place to live in for many years. Now cleaner,
how about more.

UK dusty? Cite?

Martin

- Don Klipstein )