Posted to alt.home.repair
mwlogs

Default Stair rail - which side?

Thanks to all for responding. I don't think I need to go both sides at this
point. The walls do go all the way from the 1st floor to the second. with
the wall on the rigtht side as you go up ending as a 1/2 wall between the
stairs and the room at the top. For this reason, difficult to describem I
think I'm going on the left side with the rail. That puts it in our right
hand as we go down, more natural for us since we are both right handed.

"mwlogs" wrote in message
. ..
I'm finaly getting around to putting a rail up the stairs to the second
floor I added to my home several years ago. Question is, which side is
the standard for a rail? I seem to recall seeing then on either side,
however for my application I think having it on the left side as you go up
makes better sense.

Any rules on this?

Thanks!

Mark