Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ray L. Volts

Default Who's still making CRTs?

"Buck Fusche" wrote in message
ink.net...
"Ray L. Volts" wrote in message
news:5cVLf.738$FE2.368@trnddc01...

http://www.batesdirect.com/ProductDe...40565/ProInfo/

My NEC FP2141SB-BK has the same specs, but is minus the the color
calibrator
and hood. Been enjoying mine for over 2 years; pix still as good as the
day
it arrived. Prior to purchase, I compared mine side-by-side with the
Sony
high-ends and there was no contest. Of course, YMMV. I did have to
touch
up the convergence controls inside the unit to bring corner convergence
near perfection, but that was a minor inconvenience. I couldn't find
anyone
with leftover stock of my model. Better grab the one from Bates quick,
if
you're looking for one of these monsters, they're going fast!

Thanks for the link, Ray. Much appreciated!

Apparently, Bates had even fewer than I suspected. I see 12 hours later
they now list it as NLA. Did you buy the last one? =)

I noticed NEC doesn't even list these models on their own website anymore.
They do still mention this one:
http://www.necdisplay.com/products/P...assification=1

but last time I checked, lowest price for it was over $4500. Ouch!

Anyway, if you didn't get the 2070 from Bates, best of luck finding other
sources. If you do, please pass that info along to the rest of us CRT fans.