Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
John Larkin

Default Global Warming hits the Eastcoast !

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 18:43:20 -0600, John Fields
wrote:

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 17:20:20 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

There was also a big deceleration issue... take foot off accelerator
pedal and no significant back torque.

---
That's generally how automatic transmissions work, asshole.

Push on the gas pedal to go, let it go to coast, and push on the
brake pedal to stop.

Get your wife to clue you in on how to drive, if she'll dare to.

Try going down a really long grade in neutral. The last thing you'll
smell will be brake linings. My kid fried the brakes and warped the
rotors on her new automatic Toyota at 3000 miles; she has friends in
Pacifica and I forgot to tell her about downshifting.

There are federal regulations that mandate a minimum decel rate for
automatic trannies.

John