Posted to alt.home.repair
ameijers

Default Drilling hole in foam rubber?

"Randy Day" wrote in message
news:nC1Mf.71141$B94.60255@pd7tw3no...
Martin wrote:

I'm trying to make a special gasket out high density foam rubber.

Actually
I'm using a kid's 4oz practice hockey puck as the blank. It's 1" thick

and I
need to make a 1" hole in it's center. Does anyone know of type of bit

or
other type of cutter that would make a clean cut. The common bits and

step
bits just rip it up.

BTDT, for foam for camera and equipment cases. Find a tin can or spray can
of the right diameter, or even a piece of pipe, and cut it off square.
Sharpen the edge, and use that as a knife to cut the foam. A lathe helps for
pipe, that is why thin tin cans are easier. Use a rod inside the can, and
roll it on a flat surface, to make it round again after you cut it.

aem sends....