Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

Default "Measuring" - Don't Be Oral Anal Retentive

Jeweler's loop. A few weeks ago we hired a new machine opperator. He had
just run a part. I walked up and asked him what the measurement was on the
bevel as that was particularly fussy on this part. He said he didn't know,
he would have to put it on the optical comparator to find out. I picked it
up, put my scale on it and told him .308. He kind of chuckeled, took the
part and headed up to inspection to put it on the comparator. When he came
back he said "damn! .308". He doesn't doubt me anymore.

"Leon" wrote in message
et...

"CW" wrote in message
.net...
Good one.

Wellllllll I know that sounded kinda smart ass. I wonder if he really
meant to ask, How can you see the graduations between .86 and .87.