Posted to rec.woodworking
David

Default PC7518 speed control problem

Sometimes my 7518 can't control the lowest speed. It spins way too fast
and then slows down to under 500 RPM before speeding up again. I'm
trying to run a panel bit (3-1/4") and need it to turn SLOWLY. The
second lowest speed is consistent, but I want to use the slowest speed.

Anyone know of any tricks to fix this at home? do you know how much the
defective part costs? Is it a logic board or a sensor? I called PC
last year about it and they said they know that model does that, but
this is ridiculous because it'll go FULL speed, which is scary with that
large of a bit on it.

Dave