Posted to alt.home.repair
MC

Default Shower Tile Wall Collapse! Now what?!

WirelessNut wrote:
Jim,

I didn't want to bore everyone with ALL the details, but we will
replace the three-handle with a single handle control.

Scrapping the window is probably not an option, since I can't get into
the exterior work required to flll the hole right now. It's an old Cape
Cod with asbestos shingles that we'll eventually replace, but my home
equity loan is maxrd out, so where not going there!

Doug,

We thought about a surround, but the nice ones are as much or more than
the materials/labor for the tile job, which will look nicer.

May want to think about glass block to replace the window, still lets
light in.