Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Drilling hole in foam rubber?

On 24 Feb 2006 23:25:17 -0800, "spudnuty" wrote:

George E. Cawthon wrote:
Martin wrote:
I'm trying to make a special gasket out high density foam rubber. Actually
I'm using a kid's 4oz practice hockey puck as the blank. It's 1" thick and I
need to make a 1" hole in it's center. Does anyone know of type of bit or
other type of cutter that would make a clean cut. The common bits and step
bits just rip it up.

I haven't seen one of these practice pucks so I have no idea how stiff
the foam is but:

Yes, if the OP wants good advice, he should give more details. There
are various densities that are or might be called high density. Most
of us have never seen a hockey puck up close, much less a kid's
practice hockey puck. As opposed to a kid's actual hockey puck.

I do know that parents try to avoid having their kids' teeth knocked
out, and most would want it as soft as could possibly work. Maybe
it's the foam version of a wiffle ball.

Describe it in terms we can understand.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.