Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Paul

Default Sansui Receiver- Noise at shutdown

I have a Sansui R-7 receiver which works fine except that when the power is
turned off there is usually a fairly loud click from the speakers. Does not
seem to be loud enough to harm the speakers, but certainly annoying, and not
at all what I would consider normal.

This is a low to mid power receiver which I'm guessing is from the late
80's. It is an instant-on unit with no relays. There was a place for a
capacitor accross the power switch, but none was ever installed. I added a
..01 disc there, but that did not help. Following wires from the line cord
thru the switch to the power transformer, I do not see any other line
conditioning or surge suppression. I can't believe it always had this
problem. Any ideas as to the cause?

Thanks,
Paul