Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Jim Thompson

Default Global Warming hits the Eastcoast !

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 16:03:27 +0000 (UTC),
(Ken Smith) wrote:

In article ,
Jim Thompson wrote:
On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 15:41:39 +0000 (UTC),

(Ken Smith) wrote:

In article ,
Jim Thompson wrote:
[....]
I'm a nut case over oil, change oil and filter every 3000 miles, and I
use distilled water in the radiator ;-)

Distilled water is actually bad for the radiator.

Eh? Why do you think that? Around here the tap water doubles as
mortar ;-)

I wouldn't use that either. In most places, tap water has some measure of
buffering action. It is very easy to shift the PH of distilled water by
adding disolved gasses.

Average age on my cars when traded in... 12 years (all purchased new
since 1962).

About the same as mine. BTW: I really do change the oil but way less
often than 3000 miles.

--

Arizona is extraordinarily dusty*. Thus oil and oil filter, and air
filter changes are significantly life-extending.

* Most of Arizona "smog" is actually dust.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 |

It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.