Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Default Drilling hole in foam rubber?

spudnuty wrote:
George E. Cawthon wrote:
Martin wrote:
I'm trying to make a special gasket out high density foam rubber. Actually
I'm using a kid's 4oz practice hockey puck as the blank. It's 1" thick and I
need to make a 1" hole in it's center. Does anyone know of type of bit or
other type of cutter that would make a clean cut. The common bits and step
bits just rip it up.

2. I also think the above poster might be right about the reversed hole
saw. You might also be able to compress the puck between two sheets of
ply and hole saw through the sandwich.

No need for the plywood. It's the same idea as reversing the saw blade
in a circular saw when cutting vinyl siding. It works fine. It's
simple.