Posted to alt.home.repair
SJF

Default Drilling hole in foam rubber?

"Martin" wrote in message
. ..
I'm trying to make a special gasket out high density foam rubber.
Actually I'm using a kid's 4oz practice hockey puck as the blank. It's 1"
thick and I need to make a 1" hole in it's center. Does anyone know of
type of bit or other type of cutter that would make a clean cut. The
common bits and step bits just rip it up.

I have carved holes in poly foam with a small wire brush on a Mototool to
make replacement pads for headphones. It's not a precise operation. Also,
there's a lot of electrostatically charged dust flying around so I did it
outdoors. Don't know how well it would work on rubber foam.

SJF