Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul Andrews

Default Fires and Fireplaces..

"John" wrote in message
oups.com...
For your shelf, I would consider a piece of polished stone. It could be
set into the wall and not need tiling. Stonemasons now seem set up for
this sort of thing. We recently bought a window ledge for our bathroom
in stone. As the shower is over the bath and takes the water, I wanted
something better than the painted wood. The result looks good, matches
the tiles and is totally waterproof. Not that your fire will get wet -
I hope.

That's an idea. We're still mulling over exactly what we want...

It's the wooden battens that worry me most...

Thanks John.

Paul