Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

Default Shower Tile Wall Collapse! Now what?!

"Goedjn" wrote in message
On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 13:18:17 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Marc_G" wrote in message
m...

Ack! I used to have 3-handle controls and loved them; our new (built
2000) house has a single round control. Given similar pressure on the
water line, it lets less water through to the shower head, and the one
we have doesn't even give flow control. It's either on or off, you just
get to choose the temp by rotating it.

You can still find single control faucets with a lever instead of a round
knob. That gives you much finer control over water volume.

Mine's push/pull to control volume, and twist for temp.

I'm not sure I understand how you COULD build a mechanical
faucet that doesn't have variable volume, much less
why anyone would.

As minerals build up in either kind, I think the round ones become harder to
control. You tend to pull or push harder, which can result in larger changes
in volume. The lever type is easier to control.