Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Who's still making CRTs?

In article . net,
Buck Fusche wrote:
It's not the technology I'm condemning, and I agree that for many,
even most people LCDs are superior. But as long as CRTs offer
the advantages they do (flexible resolution, better gamut etc)
monitor manufacturers should give us a choice. The exact same
people who needed and bought 21 and 22" CRTs 5 and 10
years ago STILL NEED THEM for the SAME REASONS.

Too true. I work in pro broadcasting (but as a sound engineer) and the
same applies to monitors for camera settings. Still CRT - much as LCD
could be useful for location stuff due to smaller weight and power
consumption. Plasmas burn - so no use where time code etc is displayed.

--
*Whatever kind of look you were going for, you missed.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.