Peter Scott

Default Tips on cutting a worktop

Does one end butt into tiles. If so that will give you some leaway, praps 8
mm
if you need it depending on tile thickness.

Peter Scott

"Sean Delere" wrote in message
If you clamp the straight edge to the side you are keeping (ie. not the
waste side) then you can't go wrong. Even if you do wander from the

guide
it
will cut into the waste portion and not ruin your finished cut.

Thanks, my worry is that I have no waste at all, both halves are to be
used as top is exactly the correct length

If things are that tight you are going to struggle. Will the thickness of
the circular saw blade rob you of too much material? If so you're going to
have to use a jigsaw for a thinner blade.

If you can afford to loose the SC blade thickness then you could always
attach a second straight edge to stop you from wandering off the line.

Sean