Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob Miller

Default Ideas for Garden Tractor Loader

Now I want to build a loader (trip bucket). Unlike a farm tractor, there
isn't much room to work with in terms of mounting, and I don't have
hydraulics.

I'm looking for conceptual ideas in two areas on how to go about
constructing this.
1. Mounting method (to frame) that will be solid and give me about 5' of
lift at the bucket.
2. Method and mechanics of lifting without the use of hydraulics (will
probably use another winch same as I used for the three-point).

I might have missed some of this thread as I have not seen any cautions
about the 5' of lift. Seems to me that to lift a full bucket to this
height requires at least an equal weight on the rear of the tractor for
a counterbalance.

When I first mounted the snowblower on the front of my JD 216 I did not
mount a counter weight on the rear. This caused an extremely light rear
end and gave very little traction. An equal amount of weight on the rear
cured the problem.

Good luck and have fun