Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ray L. Volts

Default Who's still making CRTs?

"Buck Fusche" wrote in message
ink.net...
Thanks for the info, although I was hoping to get specific manufacturer
info. I'm a pro photographer and often do color correction on digital
images, and I still haven't found an affordable LCD monitor that can
match my CRT's color gamut. I use one for color correction, and
have two others in reserve, just so I can outlast this LCD nonsense
long enough for LED technology to hit the streets.

IMHO, LCD will never produce a pix superior (or even equal) to a good CRT
unit, simply due to the nature of LCD technology.
I have an NEC FP2141SB and wouldn't trade it for the most expensive of LCD
screens, despite its mass and heat generation.

We will be SOL when parts for our CRT's are NLA.
I believe there will be a limited availability of new CRT's for pro
applications for some time to come, though. Actually getting your hands on
one might prove difficult, however.

OLED holds promise as a low-cost replacement for LCD, but what few seem to
care about is that SOME of us still change graphic modes on our monitors!
Use any LCD in a resolution other than native and it looks pretty crummy. I
suspect the same will be true of OLED and any other pixel-addressed
technology.