Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Buck Fusche

Default Who's still making CRTs?

Thanks for the info, although I was hoping to get specific manufacturer
info. I'm a pro photographer and often do color correction on digital
images, and I still haven't found an affordable LCD monitor that can
match my CRT's color gamut. I use one for color correction, and
have two others in reserve, just so I can outlast this LCD nonsense
long enough for LED technology to hit the streets.

"JANA" wrote in message ...
They are using up old inventories. On a small scale, there are still
monitors being assembled using CRT's. When they run out of CRT's, there will
be no more. In many countries new CRT consumer product manufacturing will no
longer be legal or no longer legal to sell, due to the pollution problems
caused when disposed back to the environment.

There may still be some CRT's made in the Orient for limited markets where
they are allowed to be sold. There will still be specialized CRT's made for
instrumentation where they are still used, until alternative technology is
found.

--

JANA
_____

"Bucky Fush" wrote in message
ink.net...
A buddy of mine asked if I'd shop a new Dell system for him. I was
surprised to see Dell still shipping CRTs with nearly all of their low-end
systems. Anyone know who's still making CRTs?