Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk

Default electric motor help

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 08:03:50 GMT, "William Wixon"
wrote:

yeah, just hope that doesn't happen too soon. i usually don't leave a fan
running unattended, waste of energy. but, if someone knows of what
size/what kind/where i can get one of those tiny glass diode/resistor shaped
thermal "fuses" maybe i could solder one back in and won't have to worry
about setting my girlfriend's bikini on fire etc.

Hi William,

I don't recall if you said whether or not you still had the
old one. They come in different values and you would most
likely need the old one to get the proper value. Radio Shack
carries some:

http://www.radioshack.com/search/ind...thermal%20fuse

Personally I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Just don't set
it up by a gas can, tissue paper, sheer curtains... We got
along pretty well for a good many years without those
thermal devices in everything with a bit of common sense.
Which seems to be sorely lacking nowadays...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b