Posted to rec.woodworking
George Max

Default Movie of the rec's resident troll unearthed

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 06:58:18 GMT, Joe Barta wrote:

Sister Mary-Ellen "The Bear" was a great
She'd break a 48" wooden rule on your ass
if she thought it would help you 'understand'.

Maybe my woodworking interests came from those days?

My first woodworking adventure came when I was around six or seven. My
grandpa bought me a little pint sized hachet. I went into the backyard
and started chopping points onto sticks. I was gonna make me some
spears. Well, mom came along and saw what I was doing, took away the
hatchet, took away the spears and probably yelled at grandpa. Moms
just don't understand ;-)

Joe Barta

My parents bought me a junior carpenter kit that included a rubber
hand saw. They gave it to me while at grandma and grandpa's house.
While no one was in the room with me, I proceeded to use said rubber
saw on the brand new (or brand new looking) chippendale style cherry
dining chair. Yeah, it left a mark, Yeah, I got a whuppin' fer that.

Fortunately SWMBO doesn't do the same to me when I make a mistake
nowadays.