Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

Default Movie of the rec's resident troll unearthed

Robatoy wrote:

In article ,
Joe Barta wrote:

Wouldn't it be sad if that behavior was actually the result of
years of medicating that child in an effort to "fix" something
that his misguided parents felt needed "fixing"?

Man, you said a mouthful.

Funny how few of those new-fangled ADD-type of problems existed in
parochial school.

Well, according to the believers, the problems did exist. They just
remained "untreated".

Sister Mary-Ellen "The Bear" was a great
substitute for Retelin. She'd break a 48" wooden rule on your ass
if she thought it would help you 'understand'.

And this was one of the treatments of the day. Personally I think some
occasional corporal punishment would do a world of good in schools
today. Unfortunately we've "evolved" past that and supposely can fix
just about anything with a pill of one sort or another.

Maybe my woodworking interests came from those days?

My first woodworking adventure came when I was around six or seven. My
grandpa bought me a little pint sized hachet. I went into the backyard
and started chopping points onto sticks. I was gonna make me some
spears. Well, mom came along and saw what I was doing, took away the
hatchet, took away the spears and probably yelled at grandpa. Moms
just don't understand ;-)

Joe Barta