Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jk

Default old Shopsmith resellability (was, " Grizzly tools Good or not so good?")

Grant Erwin wrote:

RoyJ wrote:
Stuff like a Shopsmith goes quickly on www.craigslist.com Actually, it
goes aggrevatingly fast. If you don't get a call or e-mail to the seller
within the first hour or two, you are usually too late for anything of
value.

Now Roy exactly what are you basing this on? In my area old Shopsmiths sit
around on craigslist for a long long time, in fact back when I was collecting
10ER parts I used to let them "cure" for about 3 weeks and then go talk to the
then-discouraged sellers and offer them $60. It worked 5 out of 5 times, then I
got real tired of trying to sell the stuff and basically had a giveaway sale
myself, keeping only one *really* fully tooled machine.

Well I don't know about craigs list, but I've seen a lot of shopsmith
stuff get snapped up on ebay.
jk