Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Yukio YANO

Default Stubborn jack socket nut

jimi wrote:
Has anyone got a trick for removing a stubborn jack socket nut. The
threaded shaft of the socket is turning with the nut, the back of it
isnt accesible. It doesnt look cross threaded. Any ideas about getting
it off without damaging it? thanks

45 years ago I learned of the Miracle, Liquid Threadlock, and the
second Question to the Service Rep. I asked was "yeah it looks like a
great Idea but now how do you get the damn things apart to service it".
His answer was to heat the nut and bolt ! Over the years I have
encountered more and more components that are inappropriately LOCKED
with "various Locktite compounds". The answer in most cases is still
"heat it". In your case, I would insert a hot, ~ 400/500' F. Soldering
tip in the Jack for a few seconds, NB. it will also be a little harsh on
any plastic casing around the jack , but the threadlock compound will be
degraded enough to allow normal disassembly.

BTDT

Yukio YANO