Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
pogo

Default need steel or AL shafts about 1" long, 1/2" diameter, with about a 3/8" hole bored in center

I need a quantity of steel or aluminum shafts about 1" long, 1/2" diameter,
with about a 3/8" hole bored about 1/2" deep into the center of the shaft.
Need small tapped hole perpendicular to the length for a set screw.

I will be using it to adapt a motor shaft to a wheel.

Is this a commonly available part ? If so, what name does it go by ? I have
tried doing this myself using drill press and aluminum rod, but my skills
are still in the development stage. I wondered if maybe there is something
already available I can use instead.

Thanks !
JCD