Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
greybeard

Default Grizzly tools Good or not so good?

"redice" wrote in message
oups.com...

However the Taiwanese don't like deburring eather it seems,

Nope. Running over every machined corner with a stone will make it feel a
lot better, and it doesn't take that long either. Check the gibs in the
cross slide and compound, they're usually sharp where they meet the bottom
of the dovetail, digging in makes it impossible to get a good feel, let
alone a good adjustment. couple of swipes with a file to get rid of the
sharp corners will improve it a lot. Carriage gibs are usually ok, although
in the 7 X 12 Homier, I had to grind them, they looked like the end of a
rollercoaster ride when I took them out. Hard they are, flat they weren't.

Rich.