Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
redice

Default Grizzly tools Good or not so good?

I just got my enco 12x36 machine last friday have been working to get
it up and running ever since it looks in great shape other than I
wanted to re-wire for 110 and the Taiwanese dont like to explain how to
do that very thoroughly, luckily my cusin is an electrical engineer so
he figured it out after I sent him some pictures of the wireing
schematics etc.

However the Taiwanese don't like deburring eather it seems, since my
nuts that run my crossfeed look like a badger was chewing on the
threads, and it runs across like crud if you can even call that running
across. It's getting better but I havent deburred them completly yet I
thought the 1 nut was good and clean so I only cleaned the one that
looked bad however after running it across again there was a couple
chips from burs that came out again so im going to take the second off
and clean it today. Hopefully everything else works fine going to
pickup some oil today and oil it up so I can start her up and make sure
everything else is alright.

Oh and if you are looking at the cheep lathes grizzlie/enco etc. Make
sure you know what your buying for instance right now the grizzlie gear
head lathes have half the gears/speeds the enco lathes have. Otherwise
there basically the same other than I think the grizzlies may have came
with a quick change toolpost and the enco didn't but thats a cheep fix.