Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Default Drill leaks electricity to case

"Ignoramus3408" wrote in message
I have this Black and Decker 450 RPM drill:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/450-rpm-drill.jpg

When plugged into a GFCI outlet, it leaks electricity to ground and
pops the GFCI breaker. The leak is substantial, I believe, however
when plugged into a regular breaker (and handled with caution
appropriate for leaks to case), it actually works and does not blow
the breaker. So, I think, the leak is limited in extent.

You need to fix that leak. There's only so much electricity in those
drills, and if it all leaks out, it won't run any more.

LLoyd