Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Cartmell

Default Electricity Export Regulations

In article , Andrew Gabriel
wrote:
In article , "Sparks"
writes:

Thank you for your recent interest in the WhisperGen micro Combined Heat
and Power unit (micro CHP) Given the high volume of interest in the
WhisperGen we have decided to put all further orders on hold until
January 2007. This is so that we can negotiate a mass market production
contract with a European manufacturer.

Since 2004 we have produced a relatively small number of hand built
units. Recent product developments which improve the WhisperGen's
reliability, coupled with an increasing demand have led us to
discussions with a major manufacturer. We have listened to our
customer's feedback on what they require from the WhisperGen and we have
put these developments in place so we can provide you with the best
product possible.

We can place your details on file and will be in contact when we are in a
position to offer you a mass manufactured model of the WhisperGen,
alternately if your needs are more pressing we can provide you with a
range of condensing energy efficient boilers, which will save you money
and come with a 5 year parts and labour warrantee.

Oh dear. That sounds like PR department speak for "sorry, the product was
too unreliable and we're currently looking for another manufacturer".

Or "Oops they don't match the new 'lead-free' regs and we need to do a
re-design.". There will be a number of such hiccups this year.