Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electricity Export Regulations

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"Sparks" writes:

Thank you for your recent interest in the WhisperGen micro Combined Heat and
Power unit (micro CHP)
Given the high volume of interest in the WhisperGen we have decided to put
all further orders on hold until January 2007. This is so that we can
negotiate a mass market production contract with a European manufacturer.

Since 2004 we have produced a relatively small number of hand built units.
Recent product developments which improve the WhisperGen's reliability,
coupled with an increasing demand have led us to discussions with a major
manufacturer.
We have listened to our customer's feedback on what they require from the
WhisperGen and we have put these developments in place so we can provide you
with the best product possible.

We can place your details on file and will be in contact when we are in a
position to offer you a mass manufactured model of the WhisperGen,
alternately if your needs are more pressing we can provide you with a range
of condensing energy efficient boilers, which will save you money and come
with a 5 year parts and labour warrantee.

Oh dear. That sounds like PR department speak for "sorry, the product
was too unreliable and we're currently looking for another manufacturer".

yes, and too noisy and too much maintenance. These are exactly the
things one would expect from an engine running in the house for years
on end.

NT