Posted to alt.home.repair
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Default Tiles fell off in shower

"Ignoramus15467" wrote in message
news
In our basement shower, several tiles fell off. Behind them is
drywall. The tiles are not broken and I would prefer to just glue them
back in if possible. What glue and process would you recommend.

Thanks!

As others have said, there's a reason those tiles fell off. Probably the
most likely reason is water got through the grout or there's a leak behind
the wall somewhere. You can glue em back on but you're only postponing the
inevitable. Putting them back up there will just prolong the problem which
ultimately needs to be fixed. I had a similar problem and ripped out the
entire wall where the leak was and replaced the "green" drywall with durock.
Took a few weekends to do it all but I'm confident it isn't coming down any
time soon.....
Cheers,
cc