JJ

Default Best bargain in hand tools?

The Hurdy Gurdy Man wrote:

but I'm wondering whose tools would provide the
best bang for the buck. I ask because I just purchased a really nifty
rolling tool chest at Costco

Some of the Costco tool sets are really nice deals. They had a
Crescent tool set for about $55 that was so nice I wanted to get it
"just because." :-)

Also, check out the Great Neck line of tools. I see them at AutoZone
stores and I think they are good tools at great prices. The 24" 1/2"
drive breaker bar has come in handy from time to time. :-) I haven't
priced it recently but it is around $15. If I ever need a "onesy"
wrench, I get Great Neck.

The Home Depot Husky line has pretty much taken the place of Craftsman
for me. I did recently wander a Sears and it looks like it is
becoming a good deal again. I saw a set of Porter Cable impact
sockets for $20 at Lowes that seemed like a good deal.

I own and appreciate top quality tools but I also have tools to loan
out and where theft or abuse are likely. Oh yeah, and for places
where they may go "splash" and then deep. :-)

Jay