Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

Default dresser is done!

"stoutman" .@. wrote in message news:NrIKf.31163
You do need to sign and date. Eventually, kids will fight over who
gets what piece. I usually put a small brass plate with my initials
and the date finished on the back or bottom of each piece.

Thank you Frank. The brass plate is a good idea. I just used a sharpie
(underneath of course.) :P

Of course, if you're a prolific woodworker using brass plates, it can get
pretty expensive. Might be easier and certainly cheaper to use a branding
iron such as one of the Lee Valley Tools models below. Couple of letter and
number stamps to input the date if you want and you're done.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=1,43456,43462
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=1,43456,43461